This privacy statement applies to the website of:
Marine and Insurance Claims Association MICA
P.O. Box 1824
New York, NY 10150
COLLECTING INFORMATION PROVIDES SPECIFIC BENEFITS TO OUR WEBSITE VISITORS:
We collect no Personally Identifying Information (PII) from or about visitors which is not specifically and knowingly provided by them. Information is collected to fulfill requests for event registrations. This information is used to announce any event changes, cancellations or to promote upcoming events.
INFORMATION THAT IS VOLUNTARILY PROVIDED BY OUR USERS
- The requested information for an event registration may include personal information such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, home address and business address. Billing information including credit card number, credit card billing address, and expiration date is collected to process payment for event registrations.
- Credit card information is not stored on our server. It is stored using SSL encryption on the authorize.net server, the third party payment processor server, used by MICA.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
Whenever you interact with our Website, we automatically receive and record information from your browser including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested.
WHAT ARE COOKIES
Cookies are files transferred to your computer or mobile device that allow your browser or mobile device to be recognized. The information stored in these files such page viewing preferences, login information and IP address help make successive visits to previously browsed pages easier and faster and enhance your viewing experience.
WHAT FUNCTIONS DO THEY PERFORM?
- Store page viewing preferences such as font size, zoom options, language options etc.
- Store information required for authentication functions
- Store website analytics that help determine web site usage. The data is collected in aggregate form and cannot be used to personally identify a user.
HOW CAN I LIMIT OR TURN OFF COOKIES?
You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or mobile device to prevent or limit your computer or device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from using our site most efficiently and getting the best experience. Your browsers cookie preferences can be set by choosing the following browser options. Select "Tools" or "Settings" and there find the section that corresponds to the configuration settings for cookies or for the management of privacy. Detailed information is usually provided by in the Help link in the browser.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
The third parties with whom MICA shares information includes the following:
- Google, Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Provides analytics including usage data for our site. Only anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to any one person is sent to Google. No PII is sent to them.
- Formsite, 5202 Washington St. STE. 11, Downers Grove, IL 60515 An online form creation tool for collecting information for processing event registrations. Visitors who complete registration forms on our site are entering their personal information into an online form hosted on a secure server managed by Formsite. They do not access, view, sell, share, rent, or trade any information collected by customer forms for any purposes aside other than those that directly support form processing including customer support, fraud prevention, or other maintenance activities, or as may be required by law.
HOW LONG IS INFORMATION KEPT?
Information is not retained beyond registration period for online event registration. When event is over, the information is deleted unless user has requested that contact info be kept on file for notification of future events.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES REGARDING THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
You may have the right to access, update, change or delete personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and and requesting a change. MICA will take reasonable efforts to implement any changes requested.
You can also elect not to receive marketing communications by changing your preferences in your Account or by following the unsubscribe instruction in such communications.